Roasted Beet Tart
PREP TIME - Minutes
BAKE TIME - Minutes
- 4 Tbs. Butter - frozen, then grated
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup baileys Irish cream
- ¼ cup currants
- Baileys Drizzle
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs. Baileys Irish cream
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 425°F.
- Freeze the butter for at least 15 minutes, then using a box grater, grate butter into small shards. Return grated butter to the freezer. watch video if you need help
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt - stir to combine.
- Next, add the grated butter to the flour mixture, add currants stir lightly to combine.
- In a small bowl, add egg, buttermilk, and Baileys' - whisk together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour, stir until the dough begins to form - about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the dough and all remaining dry flour onto a piece of parchment paper. Knead the dough lightly until it just comes together into a slightly sticky ball. Add a small amount of flour to the top and pat gently into a round disk about 6 inches wide as pictured. Cut into 8 wedges. Transfer the parchment paper along with the scones to a baking sheet.
- Bake until tops are light brown 12-15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove the scones to a cooling rack to cool completely before drizzling with icing.
- To make icing: Stir powdered sugar with Baileys's until smooth. If too runny to hold its shape when drizzled, add a small amount of sugar to thicken. If too thick - add more Baileys a drop at time.
- Using the tip of a spoon, drizzle icing over cooled scones. Let set in a cool dry space, about 30 minutes.
Irish Afternoon Cocktail
A Baileys’ Recipe
- 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/2 ounce Frangelico
- 1/2 ounce Kahula
- Chilled Whipped Cream
- Cup of Hot Black Coffee
Fill a cup with hot black coffee, stir in Liqueurs. Top with whipped cream.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use photos without obtaining prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe using your own unique description and link back to Irish Cream Scones on the Seasonal Muse for attribution Thank you!