Fresh Strawberry Butter
Strawberry Season —
If you love a hint of sweetness on top of your favorite bagel, biscuit or scone, then this is a recipe you have to try. Simple and delicious, it’s made with just 4 ingredients, and the food processor does all the work. I used a combination of butter and reduced fat cream cheese instead of all butter, because it lightens the overall calories while making it creamy and easy to spread. The real star ingredient is the strawberries that impart a fresh, bright, just-picked flavor. Gotta warn you, once you try this sublimely fresh strawberry version, you’ll never buy strawberry cream cheese in a tub ever again. This will keep in the refrigerated for up to two weeks.
If you prefer savory flavors more than sweet, then you might like this recipe for Roasted Tomato Butter.
In Season: Peak season is April through June, though fresh strawberries are available year-round in many parts of the country.
How to Buy: Strawberries should be bright red, fragrant, and plump, with no soft spots.
How to Store: It’s best not to refrigerate them if you are going use them immediately. Otherwise, lay the berries flat on a paper-towel-lined plate, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Do not rinse or hull until ready to use.
Minutes to Make
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese (can use reduced fat)
- ½ cup ripe strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- Add softened butter and cream cheese to food processor - pulse to combine.
- Add strawberries and remaining ingredients; blend until smooth about 2 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape bowl
- Transfer strawberry butter to a container for storage. Cover and chill. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Serve with bagels, hot biscuits or warm scones.
Meals Are Always Best When Shared
Let’s share our culinary journey together – tag me on Instagram @seasonalmuse and share what inspires you, because that’s what inspires me! Bon Appétit!
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use photos without obtaining prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe using your own unique description and link back to Fresh Strawberry Butter on the Seasonal Muse for attribution Thank you!